1/26/21

Taking a shower

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Taking a shower is necessary in our life. Someone likes to take a shower in the morning and someone likes to do it before going to bed. However, taking a shower sometimes is not that easy during a trip.

When we are on a flight, it’s usually impossible to take a shower. Well, I know that some airlines offer first-class passengers to take a shower. Also, you can only take a shower on certain types of trains and it really depends on railway companies. Taking a shower is not that easy on a train or on a flight, but you can still find some ways to keep yourself clean. For me, I like to use moist tissues. It’s not perfect, but at least I can keep myself clean. You can’t probably imagine that there are still some problems to take a shower in a hotel or a hostel. I was traveling in a Baltic country and I decided to stay in a hotel that was cheap. But, there was only one shower room in the hotel. I remembered that there was always a queue. I could always see people chatting for a while before taking a shower and I also met new friends and we chatted a bit when waiting. I don't know whether the hotel was forcing us to make new friends. Another time, I was on a tight budget and decided to book a hotel, which was relatively cheaper. The shower room was a shared one and I had to ask hotel staff for a key to open the shower room. However, one day, the hotel owner told me that I had to pay for the shower. I was arguing with him because I paid for several nights and it didn’t make any sense. It took a few minutes, and fortunately, I can take a shower without paying more. If you are not going to go on spa vacations or go to hot springs, taking a shower or taking a bath at home is usually easier and more comfortable than taking a shower during a trip. For me, I need to take a shower every day because my hair will be so oily and it makes me really uncomfortable. On a train or on a flight, I have no choices and I can only wait. However, I have become more cautious to choose a hotel to stay in and now I usually choose a hotel room with a private bathroom.

No comments: