1/19/21

(Flexible) Travel Plans

Warsaw, Poland

When we decide to take a trip, we usually have a plan. A plan is important, so that you know where to go and when to go. I do have plans on a trip, but I usually don’t have a tight schedule. Normally, I have different plans or make changes during a trip, in particular, I meet new friends during a trip or I find something new that I would like to explore more.

I was traveling alone in France ten years ago. One day, I went to a museum and I just knew that the admission fee was free. I was truly surprised and I enjoyed seeing lots of great collections in the museum. After that visit, I realized that there were so many to see. Thus, I decided to come back the next day. I woke up early next morning and went to the museum, spending a whole day there. I was truly amazed by those artworks, historical objects, sculptures and so on. It was just like that I was in an art lesson or at history class. For me, that was a great class, which I can’t have from a school. When I visit a new city, I sometimes go join a city tour. There are several cities, in which you can find very great city tours. Some of these tours are free and you don’t need to pay anything. If you are satisfied with the tour, all you have to do is to give the tour guide tips. I did like some city tours, walking around the cities while listening to stories from tour guides. Meanwhile, I meet new friends during these tours. Usually, we went to have lunch or dinner after a tour. We talked about our traveling stories. It is really cool to meet new friends and we usually had a great time. You can’t probably predict that you will meet new friends and hang out with them. Being flexible during a trip for me is always helpful and makes me meet new friends. I still keep in touch with these friends. Having a traveling plan is important because you have some ideas to know what to see and where to go. However, I don’t like a tight schedule and I’m usually quite flexible on a trip because I want to relax and recharge. Also, I can get new ideas and refresh my mind. Looking back, I didn’t perfectly follow my traveling plans in the past. There are always some changes on my traveling plans. Sometimes, I decide to spend a day in a museum. Sometimes, I hang out with new friends during a trip. Sometimes, I decide to have no plans, but just walk around.

No comments: