12/31/20

Goodbye 2020


Less than 24 hours, we are going to wave goodbye to 2020. We are going to embrace a new year even though there will still be many challenges ahead. A trip is like this, it starts when you leave home and it ends when you leave for home. During a trip, you say hello to some friends and you also say goodbye to friends.

Normally, we firstly arrive in a city’s airport, train station or bus station. If you are driving, that’s a different story.


However, we also leave for another city or head back to our home country by taking a return flight, a train or a bus. 


A friend’s mother drove me to the airport and prepared delicious sandwiches so that I wouldn’t be hungry on a flight. I said goodbye to her and felt truly thankful that she helped me so much. 



A friend helped me grab heavy luggage from his home to the train station and he would like to make sure that I could get on the train on time and wouldn’t lose anything. Well, I had to say goodbye to him, but I am very glad that he hosted me and I hope that we could meet again very soon.


A teammate visited me and I went to the airport with him. We had breakfast at the airport. I wished him a lot of luck on his business trip.


Another teammate visited me and I picked him up in the airport. We watched a football match and went to the beach. I also went to the airport with him and wished him a lot of fun in the next destination.


I visited a college friend and it was fun to be with her family. In particular, it was so fun to see her kid, back then her boy was just 3 years old. We walked around the city and had lunch. I was waiting for the return train and she and I were chatting on the platform. We talked about each one’s plan in the future and we wish each of us very good luck.


The end of 2020, you might be somewhere in the world to wave goodbye to this year. It’s an unforgettable year and we have learnt a lot from it. Goodbye to 2020. It will never come back. We are looking forward to a new year. We are ready for a new start. A new journey will begin.

No comments: