12/29/20

Crazy when traveling


Covid pandemic has definitely driven billions of people crazy. Lots of plans have to be changed or even canceled. 2020 is full of unexpected things. Thankfully, it’s almost gone.

Crazy things happen everywhere around the world. However, sometimes going a little bit crazy can help people ease pressure. Sometimes, going to a crazy event will create long-lasting memories.


If you are asking me about the craziest event in my life, I will not hesitate to say “La Tomatina’. I went there with some friends several years ago. The crazy thing began even before the event. My friends and I were waiting for the bus to take us to Valencia, where the Tomatina is held. We were waiting in Barcelona and there were several buses coming. We had no clues which bus we were supposed to get on. Well, no many choices, we just jumped on a bus.


Successfully, the bus took us to Valencia. The bus driver gave us a paper wristband and told us to remember the bus number.


Light rains. The weather wasn’t good. I just wore a t-shirt because some friends told us that we would be really dirty and it’s better to wear a cheap shirt. I was actually feeling cold in August.


We arrived on the street of the event and people were crazily waiting for the Tomatoes. We didn’t wait too long. Several cars were loaded with tomatoes and came in.


And things were just out of control. Tomatoes were flying everywhere. I had no choices but just grabbed tomatoes and threw them. I didn’t know where to throw, but I was just throwing. At the same, some tomatoes did hit me. In addition, a girl was squeezing tomatoes on my head. I didn’t know her and but it was raining tomato juices. After just a few minutes, the street became a tomato river. Tomatoes and its juices were flowing. However, it was not the time for a break. People were still throwing tomatoes and I had to keep fighting. Trying to get tomatoes and threw somewhere. Meanwhile, I also had to be careful because some tomatoes would come from nowhere. I didn’t remember how long it took. But I remember that I was really “tomatoed”.


The next day, many friends asked me “how was the Tomatina?” I just answered that I took a tomato shower and I would never go again.

No comments: