When I went back to the apartment, I saw a familiar face. He’s a friend, who went to Canada a few months ago.
However, he didn’t come back happily. He told me several stories that happened to him
in Canada. It wasn’t fun.
He went there for a working holiday. Nonetheless, he didn’t find a job that fits his expectations. He had some struggles, some serious struggles. When I heard what he said, I just couldn’t believe it. Those things were just so difficult. Moreover, there was an accident. Some people were rude to him and he got injured. I didn’t know how to respond to him. It was so terrible.
Before he went to Canada, we talked about a lot of things. I wished him good luck. Nevertheless, things just went unexpectedly. I mean, it was horrible. However, I’m glad that he’s back. I asked him about his plan. Well, he now lives in another friend’s place and he might look for a job soon.
I hope that he can restart everything soon. A new life and a new routine will surely make him better.
I heard many stories about working holidays. Now, there are several countries which provide a working holiday visa. It’s always good to see a country and to travel in a country, at the same time, you have a temporary job to earn a living. Nonetheless, you must evaluate the situation carefully. It’s better to study the country, the job market, and of course, the security. There are so many aspects to check. And you have to choose a safe neighborhood to live in. You might not earn a lot of money, but you need to make sure that you can come back safely. That’s the most important thing no matter if it's just traveling or it's a working holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment