4/2/24

Oh, my stomach


A couple of months ago, I went to a hospital because there were some problems with my stomach. I didn’t feel well and went to the toilet several times a day.

 

At the hospital, the doctor carefully checked my stomach and asked me several questions. Then, he gave me advice and asked me to take medicine 2 times a day.

 

After a few days, I did feel much better and gradually regained energy. Well, going to a hospital is certainly not ideal. Thankfully, I’m fine now.

 

Staying healthy is surely an important thing for me. While recovering from stomach ache, I recalled a story from when I was in college.

 

It was just a few months before I took a trip to Beijing for the Olympics. After class, I stopped by a professor’s office. Back then, he’d been to China several times and has rich experience in going to China. I asked his opinion about going to China. Additionally, I asked him what I should do to make the trip memorable and what I can learn the most from the trip.

 

Well, he told me to enjoy the trip and see the city. I did have a great conversation with that professor. However, at the end of the conversation, he suddenly told me that I have to be careful about eating food, so that there wouldn’t be any troubles with my stomach, in particular, some street food, which didn’t look clean, might not be the best choice for me.


I did follow the professor’s advice and on that trip, my stomach was alright. And it was a good trip. Before traveling, I normally prepared medicine just in case. Thankfully, I didn’t have to take medicine to cure my stomach ache on that trip. For me, I like to taste local food. Nonetheless, sometimes, just have to be a little bit more careful, it’s important to avoid eating food, which is unclean and stale.

No comments: