3/19/24

Music video


A few days ago, I watched a music video on YouTube. To be more precise, I watched the music video again.


The music video was probably filmed more than 20 years ago. The singer is a well-known star from Hong Kong and I have his autograph on a music album. Well, the album is still in my home. However, the only problem is that I have to figure out where the album actually is.


Well, 20+ years ago, mobile phones just became a little bit colorful . Youtube wasn’t even there. The best way to watch a music video was to wait in front of the TV patiently. And it wasn’t common to see a star from another country or the other side of the world.


I was lucky to see that star in my hometown. Moreover, one day, a classmate came to the classroom, and she indicated that the star was filming a music video near her home. Back then, she heard the news from a neighbor and quickly ran out of her home to see the pop star. She actually shook hands with that star as she told me.


A few weeks later, we watched the music video on TV and yes, most scenes in the video look quite familiar.


Well, I’m not from a well-known town or a big city. Hence, it’s not so common to watch some videos that were actually filmed in my hometown.


Nonetheless, with the rise of YouTube, the world has changed dramatically and there are many YouTubers, who are working hard to create content. Nowadays, it’s actually not so hard to watch videos that were filmed in my hometown. Moreover, it’s fun to watch some YouTubers introduce some cool things in my hometown. It surely attracts some people to travel to this small town. And I can also share some videos to help some friends know a little bit more of my hometown. But, I will still talk about the story of that music video.

No comments: