9/7/23

Computer


When I was traveling to Europe for the first time, the first destination was the Netherlands. I arrived in Amsterdam in the morning. It took me a while to arrive at the hostel.

After getting all things set, I was ready to use my laptop. However, I faced a huge problem. I did prepare some adapters with me, however, it didn’t fit the sockets at the hostel. Therefore, I didn’t use my laptop at the hostel because it might run out of battery.

However, I still had to stay in contact with some friends. So, I asked a hostel staffer and paid for using the computer at the hostel. Well, it’s not a good idea to pay for using the computer in the hostel. Nonetheless, I didn’t have other choices.


Nevertheless, when I logged in my MSN Messenger, an interesting problem happened. I said hello to some friends, nevertheless, their messages couldn’t be shown. Some of my friends replied in traditional Chinese and traditional Chinese wasn’t installed on the computer. So, I replied to my friends, telling them that they had to send messages in English, otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to read. In particular, some friends asked me whether I could check some products for them in the local shops.


Thankfully, those friends were willing to make a change. They were trying to reply to messages in English even though some of them aren’t fluent in English. I quickly took notes, so I could see if some products were available in the local shops. I could buy some souvenirs for them.


Before the trip, I thought that I was well prepared. I had adapters with me, so I thought that I could use my laptop. However, it didn’t fit the sockets and I had to pay for using the computer at the hostel. And, while using the laptop, I realized that some languages couldn’t be displayed.​​

No comments: