8/1/23

Life is tough


A few months ago, I stayed in a hostel. In the evening, I met a new friend who’s from Japan. His hometown is nearby Osaka and a good thing is that he likes traveling.


We talked about some places where he has been to in the past few months. He likes to stay in the countryside and enjoy nature. However, suddenly, he mentioned that traveling has been quite tough for him. I was just wondering why he indicated that.


Then, he just kept saying. Because the exchange rate of the Japanese Yen is not good, the cost of traveling for him is actually high. He likes to travel, however, the more he travels, the more he loses his money. Because the Japanese currency weakens, it’s not ideal for him to travel a lot. Well, he indicated this situation humorously. I laughed when he told me this, but that really makes me think of something interesting while traveling.


When I was traveling in Europe for the first time, the Euro was pretty strong. I changed a lot of money I saved for quite a while into Euros. At that time, it was my first trip and I was really excited. I did enjoy the trip and after the trip, I still had some euros remaining and I was thinking that I might use it again.


However, a few years ago, a friend went to Europe, and she indicated that it was pretty good to visit Europe because the Euro weakens and she could actually buy more souvenirs.


Well, it’s always better to have a good plan before traveling. For example, a friend likes to visit Japan, hence, he keeps monitoring the exchange rate of Japanese Yen and he actually changes a lot of money into Japanese Yen. Nonetheless, sometimes, it’s hard to guarantee which country you will go to next time. 

No comments: