8/17/23

Ambassador


I was in a movie theater and in the theater, there was a well-known director. I came to say hello to him because one of my friends used to collaborate with him in some parts of the movie.

The director indicated that he remembered my friend and then, he pointed to the one person, who sat next to him. The ambassador sat next to the director and I said hello to the ambassador. Well, it’s not normal to meet a diplomat while traveling. But, in the movie theater, it was the first time that I met a diplomat from my home country.

After watching the movie, a photographer took a group photo for us and he sent me the photo via email. I posted the photo on Facebook and a friend indicated that one of his relatives knew the ambassador.

Well, I haven’t met that ambassador again after watching the movie. However, I just kept thinking about those officials who played an important role for the country. In particular, some friends used to collaborate with governmental sectors to promote tourism. Basically, they demonstrated that there were just so many constraints, for example, some rules and budget constraints. It’s never an easy job to do. Nevertheless, they still try to do the best.

By traveling to so many countries, I have met so many friends around the world. Additionally, I also met people from the same country. Some of them are travelers as I am and some of them work overseas. Indeed, traveling helped me meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and on the road, you can never expect whom you will meet or what would happen. Those people or those things help me shape different memories of traveling. A few weeks ago, I saw a friend’s post on Facebook and he indicated that he would move from the US to Singapore because of work. I haven’t met him for a while, however, perhaps, we might meet somewhere in Southeast Asia. 

No comments: