12/15/22

“Service fee”


Several months ago, I was watching a YouTube video that a pilot shared his experience in taking a train in Italy.


It wasn’t a wonderful story. Someone was trying to steal his mobile phone in the train station. He caught the thief and fought against that guy. Eventually, he got his mobile phone back. Then, he was on the train and someone was approaching him. That person was wearing a uniform and looked like a staffer who worked for the railway company. That person asked the pilot for 20 euros as service fee. The pilot said, “Fuck off.”


It turned out that the guy was a fake staff. Thankfully, the pilot didn’t pay anything.


However, I did something that I regret a bit while I was traveling in India. I arrived at an airport in Delhi late at night. It was quite late and I had to go to the hotel fast. I decided to take a taxi, so I went out to the airport and saw the taxi service sign. I walked there with my luggage and chose a taxi to get on. Then, someone was trying to help me put my luggage in the taxi. And, very quickly, the luggage was in the taxi. I was ready and asked the taxi driver to go. But, one guy asked me to give tips to that guy who put my luggage in the taxi. It was quite annoying and I quickly took 100 rupees from my wallet. However, he asked for more.


Well, I did give him some money. However, I was truly unhappy with what I did. I didn’t notice those guys were trying to ask for money. But, it was a big lesson. A few days later, I was at the airport again and someone was trying to help me take my luggage. I said, “No.” 

No comments: