5/5/22

Books


I like to read. Reading helps me gain a lot of knowledge. Normally, I have a book with me. Sometimes, I can be just away from my phone and read a bit. Additionally, reading is a great option for me while traveling. In particular, you might not have too many entertainment options on a low-cost flight.


In addition, I sometimes buy books while traveling. One time, I was in Hong Kong International Airport, waiting for a connecting flight. There’s nowhere to go. I can only walk around and see whether there’s something interesting at duty free shops.


Then, I saw some books that drew my attention.


Eventually, I bought two books at that duty free shop. One is a biography of a bassist from a world-renowned band. The other is a biography of a world No.1 formula one driver.


Moreover, when I went to London, I passed by a bookstore and saw some books that I was looking for a while. I didn’t hesitate and bought two hardcover books. Normally, it’s not ideal to buy hardcover books. Furthermore, it’s even worse to buy hardcover books while traveling. However, I only saw hardcover books in that bookstore and I didn’t have extra time to go to another bookstore.


When I came back to the Airbnb apartment, it truly took me some time to put those two hardcover books in the luggage. And, thankfully, my luggage wasn’t overweight. 


A few days ago, I just re-read some of those books that I bought while I was traveling. Well, it will be less likely for me to buy books during a trip. If I really find some books that look super interesting, I will probably buy paperback books.


Meanwhile, there are some online bookstores that provide free shipping worldwide. Hence, most books are available worldwide and I don’t have to go to certain countries to buy certain books.

No comments: