10/28/21

Advertisements


I like marketing and like to understand marketing campaigns in different countries. When I’m traveling, I would stop by to see a TV commercial on a big screen or advertisements in a shop. Additionally, I will read advertisements carefully and try to understand what message the advertiser would like to communicate. Of course, there are so many languages that I couldn’t understand. However, I try to read the layouts, colors, and gestures of the model on the printed material or some key words to understand what advertisers convey. Moreover, when I see something that looks pretty cool, I will collect it and review it. Then, I can talk to some friends about those advertisements and we can share what we see and what we learn from those advertisements. There are always many things we can learn during a trip. By reading advertisements, I can know what’s popular in that city and understand who’s the most popular star or celebrity. Furthermore, I saw a movie advertisement on the street in Paris. I took a photo with my iPhone to help me remember the name of the movie and then, I watched it. It was a great movie even though I don’t understand French. And, normally, the most powerful advertisements are those without many words. A good photo or a good pose is enough and even someone who doesn’t know the local language can capture the advertiser’s idea. While traveling, we might see many advertisements such as political, consumer goods, gym, services and so on. Those advertisements can be found on the street, on a train, in a store or even in the toilet. Just take a look at them occasionally, sometimes, an advertisement might draw your attention and give you a new idea. In addition, you might figure out the latest snacks or beers that are worthwhile to taste during this trip.

No comments: