10/7/21

Adapter

An adapter is necessary if you are going to travel in a country where power outlets are different from the country you live in. It’s always better to prepare adapters before traveling, so you won’t have to spend extra time looking for adapters while traveling. However, there are still some challenges even though I prepare adapters before traveling. Before my first trip to Europe, I did some homework and I knew that I had to prepare adapters. I bought some adapters that could be used in Europe. Nonetheless, when I arrived at the hostel in Amsterdam, it turned out that those adapters I bought were too big to fit power sockets. It wasn’t a super serious problem since I can still charge my phone, but I couldn’t charge my laptop. I didn’t have enough time in Amsterdam, but when I arrived in Paris, I asked the hostel staff to know where I could purchase an adapter. They were so helpful and told me that there was a store nearby to get an adapter. I went to that store and tried to communicate with my gestures to ask a staff member where the adapters were. I finally got one and they helped me reshape the adapter, so it could fit with my laptop power cord. Thankfully, my laptop wouldn't be out of battery anymore during a trip. Since then, I always have enough adapters that could be used in the countries I travel. Meanwhile, I also have my phone, laptop and camera fully charged before traveling just in case. Additionally, I always have some adapters in my bag and it was a good idea. A friend was going to travel to Korea and he didn’t know if he had to buy an adapter. I just lent my adapters to him. And, it turned out that those adapters did solve his problem.

No comments: