It wasn’t a good day because there was a typhoon. I was scheduled to have my hair cut. However, I had to call the designer, talking about some changes.
In the end, I had my hair cut and I felt great. And we talked about the weather. He likes surfing and he used to travel to the Philippines for surfing. For him, it’s extremely important to understand the risk of bad weather.
Meanwhile, he mentioned some waves, which are good for surfing, before a typhoon. He usually checked the weather forecast carefully, so that he enjoyed surfing. Of course, he’s not going to surf when a typhoon is coming.
It was a great conversation. And for me, I certainly understand the impact of weather while traveling. It’s not always sunny. Sometimes, I traveled on a rainy day. Sometimes, I need to check the weather forecast carefully before some flights might be cancelled. Once a flight was cancelled, I had to react immediately. Should I book flight tickets from another carrier? Should I just cancel the whole trip? There is always a lot to think about.
Nonetheless, there’s something that can't be predicted. Well, now, the earthquakes can’t be predicted. I remember that several years ago, I was in Los Angeles. I was sleeping in a friend’s apartment. One night, there was an earthquake. It wasn’t a small one. But, thankfully, we were fine. The next day, we talked about the earthquake and how we reacted. Hence, while traveling, it’s important to check the weather forecast and understand some potential risks. Of course, there’s something you can’t control. Nevertheless, you can at least know how to react. Also, it might be ideal to take a few minutes to read the instructions of the emergency route. In case something went wrong. Just in case, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment